Growing a Beard

Now I know what you're thinking: "Why does he have a blog entitled  'Growing a Beard'? Is it an instructional guide to actually growing one?" The answer to your question is no, but the process is much like life, especially for my skin. My skin is very sensitive and while growing up, I've learned that I can't just place anything on my skin because as studies say, the sky is indeed the largest organ of the body (didn't know that, did you? ;) Whenever I do decide to grow my beard and I'm starting fresh with a bare face, after about a week, it begins to itch because my hairs have a tendency to grow back into my skin. I have to constantly wash my face and make sure that it doesn't continue to grow that way so that the itching would cease. Eventually with in a month, my facial hair becomes long enough to comb. Most of the time, women aren't fund of the beard because it scratches them when we kiss them or that it makes us look un-groomed or homeless.  I believe every man should allow his beard to grow extremely long at least once a year. Yes, a lot of people would claim that it doesn't look suitable, but they're not the ones growing it, are they? So how is this relevant to anything, especially women who can't grow beards? There are many things in life that take time to grow-relationships, trust, confidence, hope, etc. We want to obtain those things as quickly as possible, disregarding the lessons we have the chance of learning to prevent the setbacks from happening in the future (if we can help it). Yes, you will come across some opposing viewers who don't agree with what you're doing or just can't wait until you've reached your limit, but those who do stick around are the ones who truly care about you. They are the ones who genuinely love you. "Please don't" is the response I've gotten over the years about letting my beard/hair grow out (all females).  I've only heard one "you should" ( and I can't remember when it was said or even WHO said it).  If there is something in your life that you want immediately, but can't wait to get it, just wait. Even better-wait on God. Remember that you are the child of a king and He wants the best for His children. Right now my face is itching like crazy, but I know it will stop come this time next week. I just  have to muscle through it with patience and organic soap. One day soon, it will be thick and rich with kinky curls and a smooth feel, but I have to wait on it. Until then, I will wash it, train it, and make current preparations for future results. Make those changes and grow your beard! Well, in other words, work towards your goal and God will handle the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts