Faith: Maximum

There's a story that my mom loves telling pertaining to my birth. I enjoy it as well not because it's about me, but it's more about God than anything. I've heard her speak of it a hand full of times since I've been born or old enough to understand the principle of it. When there are moments in my life that I doubt God (the same person that has blessed me frequently beyond my understanding), I think back to my birth story, instantly reminded of just how powerful our faith can be.

My mom told me that before I was even born, she knew that I was boy. She refused to be told the sex of the child that was growing inside her most of the year of 1985, for she already knew. "I know it's a boy", she told the doctor, probably causing them to question her certainty without trusting their unannounced fact. Even during the delivery, they asked if she wanted to know the sex, by which she repeated while turning her head "No, because I know it's a boy". She tells me that many months before my birth that she prayed to God that I was going to be a male. She had every once of faith mustered from the bowl of her soul invested in the fact that her womb wasn't housing a female. My mom obviously had no visual access to my being, completely unable to to receive physical validation of what I was. She could have easily asked that the doctor give forth the information after probably being completely unsure, but she didn't. Her faith was inflexible and firm as steel. Speaking of steel (still), that's exactly what He ask of us--"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked doings" (Psalm 37:7). A friend of mine, Adrianne Fernandez ("Songbird"),reminded me of this passage the other day, reassuring me that my faith must me maximized, especially when God is all you have left.

It was faith that turned the water under Peter's feet into solid ground. It was faith that removed fear from Martin Luther King's spirit when his family's life was threatened due to what he believed in. It was faith that helped Samson regain his strength, despite his disobedience.  It was faith that helped Moses emancipate the children of Israel, and it was faith that drove my mother to confirm what I was without being told from any human being.

When you realize that the solution to your problem is beyond the assistance of this world, that's when your faith becomes dangerous. It is a threat to every single person and thing that wishes to oppose your consistency. Put up your armor and walk forward, my friend. It may appear as if you lost, but in your resilient perspective, you have won minutes ago because you know who's behind you. Allow my mother's faith to be a testimony to you. Let it be a reminder that though God contains all power, we can tap into that by simply believing relentlessly. God didn't make us to fear. He made us to possess enough faith to move mountains and tear down walls. One thing that you have to recall is that whatever we do in relation to making things better, God will always pick up the slack. He might not do it the way we wish Him to, but it will always benefit our best interest.

Comments

Popular Posts