Welcoming it All

One of the best aspects of life is acquiring new skills. It opens parts of yourself you never knew were there, let alone have doors or keys to unlock them. I've been writing since I was yonger and the only obligation I figured I had was to create an idea through words. It was from there that readers would perceive what I say according to their own imaginations, letting the document speak for itself. While preparing for a talent show during my senior year in high school, I realized that the piece that I had written needed a voice rich with diction and enunciation. I was a quiet person and speaking slightly louder than a whisper was beyond me. I was told that if I wanted to make my work more effective, appealing to all senses of the audience, I would have to practice on acquiring memorization. I would then be able to perform vocally to the best of my ability. I personally blame my undergrad professors for assisting me with "finding my voice". I was told from listeners that my voice was soothing and engaging, making it easy for them to listen, opposed to just hearing what I said. As a writer, that is my main concern--the words. If I can't deliver then well, how would I expect others to grasp my work?

Every chance I get, I recite my work, whether through a microphone at a social event or through an online medium such as SoundCloud. I also acquired the skill of networking and presenting myself to the public in a professional manner. My first impressions would then be worth remembering, leaving distinctive marks in others' thoughts as an incomparable individual. I didn't want to limit myself as just a writer. I realized that I'm also a brother, son, friend, student, cousin, nephew, future husband and father. This list includes several opportunities by which what and who I am can be effectively exhibited. I personally don't want to be just a writer, but a good worker, persistent student, loyal husband, and brave father. I want to be known as someone who adapts, accepts, and proceeds, despite what the world uses to oppose me.

Acquiring the knowledge of God's love is the best thing that has ever enriched my life.  Everything good is a sub-experience to His undying affection. It explains why I'm still alive, why I still have a job, why I'm able to run every other day, and why despite my selfishness, He still grants me my heart's deepest desires. Yes, there are moments he tells me no, but it's for the well being of my future. God has been blessing me with opportunities to obtain new skills, beefing up my repertoire with abilities to endure any obstacle ahead of me. There were times I was scared and unsure, but I had to remind myself that taking chances aren't risky when you know someone is supporting you. Sorry to say, but even Hitler had a major support group.

Be open to new ideas and experiences unless they are conflicting with your beliefs. Nothing hurts the soul more than accepting falsified assistance that is slowly eating away at your foundation. Years ago, I figured that my list of characteristics would only derive from my writing background. I overlooked the fact that I use to draw and that my thinking process allowed me to construct my thoughts, narrowing my focus. That in itself can be applied to any aspect of my life, whether it's work or building relationships. Don't be afraid to learn something new. That skill maybe the only thing stopping the devil from breaching your barrier.

Comments

Popular Posts