Full Disclosure

Good afternoon. I hope this blog finds everyone well and hopefully, content. It's not easy to maintain contentment. We usually fight for that which has great value and will outlast the moment, outlast our feelings. Amongst time, relationships and good health, seeking contentment is equivalent to gold.  

Many of us are not comfortable admitting the nature of our circumstances. Receiving criticism from others become blind shots in the dark. We have no idea which direction from which they are coming, for once they hit, whether or not they hurt depends on where they land. Unfortunately, the heart is a default target. Proverbs 4:23 states we should guard our hearts, for out of it flows the issues of life. What comes in will eventually come out, whether in the confined space of our bedroom or the open forum of social media. 

COVID has exposed so much truth about how we really feel. Whether we worked remotely from home or was forced to be quarantined, noticing the candid view of our struggles became inevitable. This post represents the honest expression many of us have either posted or protected from eye view. If someone was to sit down with us for an hour or two, this is how we might respond to the general question, "So, how's it going?" I hope this is a reminder that you are not alone and that someone loves you more than you'll ever know. Our Creator, Our Father, Our Provider, Our Savior, Our Friend wants nothing more than to shower us with everything we need to survive and surrender to the truth of being wonderfully made and chosen for prosperity. 

The bible says "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). If God wants the best for us and has already crafted the circumstances, all we have to do is embrace His ultimate desire to love His children. 

Dear God,

I’m not doing too well.
I’m out of money, friends, esteem, 
and patience.

No one seems to care about what I lack
in light of what they have 
and can’t imagine losing grip of for any reason.

I hate my job, I despise my body 
and getting it out of bed brings about a heavier challenge 
than the day before.

My vision is blurred and my dream is empty. 
I have nothing to give and nothing to take, 
for the energy to begin or begin again has depleted.

Above the abundance of all one can have to secure happiness, 
I desire no reason to live, for unless all is supplied, 
I choose to not see another face, another upset, another lie, 
another morning.

Forgive me for my lack of zest
and my profusion of doubt, 
but a continuation of my existence 
only prolongs a living hell
I rather consume permanently 
than to be suspended in this dreadful limbo. 

-The Broken One


 

My Child, 

I am here.

I am here , there, where ever you need me 
and every where else.

I hear your tears and will never stop listening , 
never stop seeing. They are jarred on my shelf, 
eye level, never hidden. 

What you feel is real because you are human, 
but you are created from my words, my care, 
my steps set out for your every move,
calculated and considerate of your pain and pleasure.

You are my child, which guarantees you a want for not. 
If I beautify the flowers and watch sparrows breed and feed, 
surely I will love you with all that I am, 
for I am that
Riches and possessions may satisfy the itch from your hands, 
but what more can they do for your soul 
that longs to be held and validated?

Your plans are acknowledged, 
but your steps require care only my power can legitimize. 
Many kings have cleared land and slayed families to lengthen their reign, 
but the world is but a grain of sand 
in the crevice of my fingerprint. 
Beyond yourself is every bit of me 
and the joy I’ve promised never to break, 
for towards a void my words must never return.

I am The Father of many men who fathered nations 
in their loins to project visions and fulfil dreams. 
Surely your strength will be renewed and protected 
by abiding in what I vow never to render to lesser forces.

Your reason to exist is that of my reason to construct--
My glory. It is magnificent, unmatched , untouched, unbroken, 
yet I chose you to reflect its every corner. 
You were not created to end, 
but chosen to carry out the good work in you. 
Only I can produce the best of the unknown 
to anyone who dares to imagine. 
If I can end the vigor of winds and waves with three syllables, 
I can use three more through the death of my son who spoke them
to get close to you.

Rest in my assurance. 
Take shade in my excess exceedingly, abundantly poured , 
provided, and perfectly prepped. 
Know that I am with you, forever restoring, creating, 
supplying, forgiving, forever giving you another day 
to be still and know that I am everything you were fashioned 
to fashion and partake. 
Bare the good fruit , wear the best armor,
praise the best praise, 
for my riches never fail, never empty, 
never disappoint sufficiency. 

Though you rather not be...at all,
you're where you should be,
for stored in the stretch of your obedience
and tenacity is everything
you never knew you wanted,
but always longed for
since forced from the garden.

You are always regarded.
Your suffering will go forth through the night,
but your joy will be summoned
beyond the east side 
of the mountain.
Rest on my truth
and your strength shall restore it's vigor.
Fret not in the valley,
for my light shines 
in the presence of vice, enemies,
and death.
Take this oil, sit at this table
and forever consume 
my comfort.

-The Only One

Comments

Popular Posts