Full Disclosure (TGOS-Episode 132-"Parents and Children")

Good morning, readers.

I hope you're having a good day and that you are being kind to not just everyone else, but yourself. I'm writing this particular blog post as a disclosure towards the most recent episode of my podcast, The Glory in Our Stories. 

This particular episode is titled "Parents and Children" where I use biblical, contextual evidence to support the truth of honoring your parents and respecting your children for the sake of glorifying God. The bible references used are Exodus 20:12 and Ephesians 6:1-4. I personally advice everyone who wishes to partake in personal investigation to do so and understand God's word for themselves. 

The just of this episode is to remind parents and children (though I am not a parent myself) to be kind and respectful to one another for the glory and honor of God. There is truth, blessings, and love on the other side of our obedience and intentionality. 

I do, however, want to clarify a statement I made in reference to slavery mentioned in the Old Testament (Exodus 21:2). The reference of slavery is also mentioned in Ephesians (verse 5). I stated that a slave is granted freedom during the seventh year of service. I did not, unfortunately, clarify the significance of the term in context to the right era based on my verbiage. I should have preceded the statement with the fact this took place during a time it was declared acceptable (thousands of years prior to the birth and death of Christ). 

The statement about slavery via this episode was not in reference to current times. I was also not condoning slavery to any degree. The reference was simply placed for two reasons: 1) It proceeded verse 4 in chapter 6 of Ephesians and 2) Slavery, unfortunately, predates the enslavement of African Americans over the past 400 years. I am not minimizing the effects of slavery of African Americans, but simply stating a fact based on contextual evidence.

Thank you for reading this disclosure, for the last thing I want is to cause a huge degree of confusion concerning this podcast or any medium used to convey uplifting content.

Have a blessed day. Be kind to others, but most importantly, be kind to yourself!

-Calvin (creator, host, and editor of The Glory in Our Stories)

Comments

Popular Posts