Stepfather (Part III)

Tell the truth to the youth
so the youth does, too,
before the youth consume booths
of presidents to look through.
It starts now with information
and authentic exchanges,
teach them how to teach others
when they become famous.

"Big Daddy" was the father
of southern bell bloodlines
but just because he's her daddy
makes him no dad of mine.
I was a child way before
he mount my back with toil,
my playground was hot soil
while his daughter played with spoils.

Sweet pies and white dresses,
matching bows and new dolls,
she saw Christmas through her windows
and sat on Santa Claus.
But I never got a gift, sang a carol
or liked snow,
small rations and one breath
to me was only bestowed.

No daddy of mine
would have snatched me from the crib,
had me dragged across the ocean
attached to drowning relatives.
So stepdad, step back!
Watch me emancipate
myself and all who follow
with minds to capsulate

what you did, what you're doing
and probably will continue,
you eat everything you want
even if our respect is on the menu.
But we know how to season,
turn a diss into a dish,
you can have everything you vote for
but you can't have this. 

Comments

Popular Posts