Back Talking

I remember the first time I ever yelled at my mom. I was about 20 years old and I had just gotten hired at Sonic across town. I worked for a few hours, learning the ropes, got home and decided that I wasn't going back. What I didn't understand at the time was that I couldn't just live in my mom's house without paying any bills. One more year and I would have been considered (by age) a grown man. I had gotten home and told my mom that I quite. She was so mad. She went in the house and I remember having the car keys in my hand. I threw it towards the house, walked towards the back of the house, and yelled, "DO YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE?" One of my sisters asked me to leave so that I could calm down. I walked over to my friend's house and hung out there till dark. I couldn't even look my mom in the face let alone step back in the house. I was too ashamed. I had every right to be. I just yelled at the one person who raised me, put clothes on my back, gave me my own room, and gave me food to eat. She even gave me a car later on when she purchased a new one. Remembering how ungrateful I was amazes me until this day. Later on that night, i returned home and my mom and I talked it through. She cried and so did I. A lot  of times, we get that way with God. We find ourselves doing things we don't want to do, taking it out on Him and sometimes even accusing Him of our predicament.  God...makes no mistakes. He sees a plan well constructed with promising results decades before it's even thought of.  There maybe moments where we get upset with Him and believe that He's being selfish and unkind when he isn't. He's doing what's BEST for us, you know, just like parents.  And even now that I'm 26, I'm still growing, still learning.  My mom and I are very close. I even consider her my best friend because believe it or not, we are so much alike. That can be a good thing and a bad thing, but so far, it's been nothing but great! Whenever we find each down or if it gets to the point that it's hard for either one of us to keep our hands up, reaching to God, we provide leverage so that we don't end up doing it alone at our weakest moment.  If you want to yell at God, like I said before, go ahead. He can take it. He can take anything you dish at Him...trust me, I've tried a  few of them.  Most people are not so kind as my mom. Most people would have retaliated in such a cruel manner that there would have been no room for reconciliation, but with God, as long as you're alive, there's always room for apologizes and improvement. That doesn't mean you should take advantage of God's grace and mercy. There is a day coming (soon) when God will say to man, "ENOUGH!" Be prepared and stay humble because God will not be so generous after he's given you thousands of chances.

Comments

Popular Posts