Dreams are as Real as God

I recently purchased this recycled journal from Target that only cost $1.28. I have a few empty journals in one of my drawers, but this one was different. I haven't written in my journal (one that I bought about three years ago) for a few months now. I haven't even written in my blog that much. I started this blog in May 2011 and I only have 41 entries. 41! That's ten months of material that I've mentally collected, yet never took the time to record. How is that I am English major, and the only full book that I've read (if it's even considered one) are a few graphic novels that are about a centimeter thick.  I haven't been exposing my mind to many ideas, even though in my opinion, God is the ultimate idea. Many may say that I'm narrow minded and bias to everybody else's idea and choice of religion. The word "religion" is such a general word, stating that Christianity is an aspect and not the sole source of spiritual growth and expression. If I am considered close minded, then so be it. It all comes down to what you believe before you die anyway. Jesus said that if we deny him in front of man, he would deny us in front of his Father. If you would, picture living 70-90 years, doing what we refer to as "fighting the good fight". You've come across so many obstacles, yet find yourselves still standing.  It's in the end that you let the ghost go like Jesus did as he hung upon the cross. You approach God as he greets you by name that is followed by " depart from me" opposed to "well done, my faithful servant. You may enter the kingdom of Heaven." Wouldn't that suck? Just because you chose to doubt not only his works and ability, but his entire existence.  I know I got a bit side tracked, but I was primarily chastising myself. As far as the journal that I bought, I decided to dedicate it to my dreams. I believe God speaks to me through them and uses them to get my attention when nothing else is going through my head. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but over the course of two years, I've had three separate dreams pertaining to the resurrection (not the end of the world). I believe he's telling me that the moment is approaching and I should be prepared. If ever you have a dream by which you KNOW God is speaking to you, please, write it down. You never know who's life it may influence. It may even  contribute towards the betterment of someone you love.

Comments

Popular Posts