Try Reading A Book :)

I personally didn't start reading until I got to college. You really don't realize how much literature is out there until you go into Barnes and Noble with intentions of looking for a particular book and come across other interesting titles/genres that catch your eye, like something new and bright for the very first time in your life.  The books I've read over the past few months have all been very good, constantly reminding me of why I fell in love with writing from the beginning-language. Beautiful, well crafted language has the ability to take you somewhere no one else can or even accompany you. Lately, when I go to work and it's time for my lunch break, I choose between Netflix and a current novel.  When I'm really upset with my surroundings and the customers (well, "guest") seem a bit overbearing, I choose a book because it causes you to use the capacity of your brain opposed to watching a show that gives you everything you need, causing you only to use your eyes and your emotions. Reading the Bible creates that feeling as well. That's why I have to be away from work, school, and everyone/everything else because it needs my undivided attention. I constantly ask myself, "What is God trying to tell me?" I haven't read His word in almost a month because I've been swamped with reading and school work, but that's no excuse, because if I can make time to read anything in general, eat, sleep, run, workout, or even write something fresh, I can do the same for my devotion. Yes, I truly enjoy reading, whether it's the book of Exodus or The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and both appeal to me not just because the moral content, but because of delectable language that appeals to the boy of my imagination. The same boy who grew up finding sticks to use as swords and wanting to be a superhero more than to have better hygiene. If you have the opportunity, like my professor told me, find something that you like, sit in a comfortable chair or on a bench outside on a nice December evening, clothed from coldness, and fall into a novel.

Comments

Popular Posts