Chill Out, Dude!

I shared this with my girlfriend because it was something I didn't want to post via social media, but it's something worth informing. I was sitting in my car yesterday, sending my girlfriend a voice memo pertaining to this very subject. It was getting dark out and I was on my way to put gas in my car as well as grab a few groceries. The money I was using wasn't mine. My mother was lending me funds until I was able cover my own personal expenses in the next few weeks. Fortunately, my bills were paid.

It's easy for us to be pacified by the fact that we've taken care of our responsibilities, but as a man, it can be a bit discouraging , especially when you're a few months shy of turning thirty-one-years-old. My frustration was spilling out into my phone as I expressed how much it burned me. Finally, I am happy in an advanced position career wise only to feel that I have digressed immensely. I was one complaint away from crying, for over the past decade, I've made a stream of bad decisions , reaping the repercussions to what appears to be no end.

The description I gave her was of me swimming to paradise, yet getting kept back by the strong current. I'm a swimmer that's equipped with skill and physical fitness, yet despite all, I show no progress. What's a man to do when he's doing all that he could? While illustrating my state, I remember the scripture John 13:15, where Job says, "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him." My finances or lack there of is nothing in comparison to his setbacks, yet it feels just as torturing. When we were kids, it seemed like the world was caving in on us. Growing up, we become bigger versions of the young ones we use to be. The world gets bigger and the weight on our shoulders feels like the bottom feet of every human being alive. We fail to realize that because of our sin, this continuous strain is mandatory because it actually takes a lot more for us to get back to where we belong. So, we should take this as mercy and grace. Our souls deserve the guillotine (probably extreme, but compared to His initial wrath, it's a band-aid cut).

Guys, it's okay to get upset because not only does it mean you're human, but also that you're growing. You're changing, even when you're up in age. Take the time to embrace the strong waves clashing at you, for in order to swim, you must use every muscle in your body.  God wants us to get to that paradise, but not as the same person we were on the previous island. We grew there, but it's time that we grow some more. Learn from the pain, gain from the strain. The people in your life will highly appreciate it, especially yourself and your Father.  

Comments

Popular Posts