Late for Lame

It's 8:40 am. I usually leave the house no later than 7:30, but I am a few minutes behind. My first option for breakfast is Popeye's Chicken, but it's farther out than I care to travel, considering the margin I have to get to work and be early or on time. Chick-Fil-A is closer, but the line is wrapped around the restaurant. I drive over to Bojangles to find a similar situation. Last resort...is Burger King. Key word is 'burger", not "breakfast". I wait five extra minutes to pay nearly $4 for two, HORRIBLE egg biscuits. Finishing the first biscuit is not an option. No jelly can compensate for it's lackluster. I don't clock into work until 8:16. I am officially late...for lame. 

The older I get, the more I realize what satisfies me and what doesn't. The best egg biscuits I ever had was from Popeye's Chicken. It was SO good. I needed no jelly, no bacon, no cheese. It was indeed very delicious, but as a 35-year-old who doesn't break the gym like The Rock, eating fast food as little as once a week still isn't healthy. Feeling terrible later isn't worth the grease. The Impossible Whopper became my best friend when it first came out, but now, it's starting to feel a bit heavy after consumption. My body benefits in no way because though it's plant based, it's based in Burger King...on the same grill as everything else.

This is a typical question I ask via this blog, but how often do you settle? We do so in life more than we care to admit. We settle for less, specifically when it's affordable. That is understandable. There must be a point where we decided against it by challenging ourselves to do better, to receive better. Tony Stark quoted his dad in Infinity War by saying no amount of money can buy back time. I totally agree. No amount of biscuits can buy back the time I wasted settling for the worst breakfast I’ve ever had.

If you’re going to go out of your way for pizza , go to Marco’s (my favorite). If you’re looking for a local place to get great burgers, go to Farmhaus (I live in Augusta). If you want a dope hat to wear with your favorite team on it , purchase a 9FIFTY SnapBack. Pay for what you want , don’t just want and pay later. It won’t be worth the time...the type you can’t get back.

Comments

Popular Posts