Running

I wanted to come up with a legitimate reason why I started running  three years ago and I've come to the final conclusion: I didn't like drugs or alcohol. I was going through a very akward phase in which i was looking for a clean form of suppression...and then came the idea of running. I would run a quarter of a mile and eventually get tired, face and shirt drenched with sweat, my shins pounding like my heart at nearly 90 bpm. I promised myself that not only would I soon be able to run a full mile without stopping and get rid of my love handles, I would get over the psychological hump that was creating a hault in the development of my manhood. The true joy of running is being able to MAKE your body do what it DOESN'T want, surpassing all external/internal odds that would serve only as temporary interferences. I plan to run from my apartment, to the mall, and then back within the next month or two (which is about 6 or 7 miles). I'm no Dean Karnazes, but i do know what it takes to exceed the physical limitations of the human body (and mind). I was informed that I could do all things through Christ whom strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). I've started praying before and after my workouts, that way God would bless me with the endurance to try my best. Yes, i love running and I love working out. It helps me to channel my thoughts and emotionals, creating exceptable discharges that will leave no harm to myself or anybody else.

Comments

Popular Posts