Peace

I had gotten upset the other day and I really wanted to raise my voice, but I didn't. That really suprised me. I've hitten things in the past like doors and walls. I even punched a dresser once while in highschool (and not the drawer, but  the handle). I had decided to put on some headphones and walk one lap around my complex. When I got back to my apartment, I wasn't upset at all. I stepped into the kitchen...and begin to cry. I wasn't upset or even slightly sad. I was happy. I was happy that I wasn't mad, eager to oppose anything with a raised voice or even speak illogically. I was at peace. I grabbed a hold of my anger by the neck, sat it down, looked into it's eyes and said, " I don't have to yell anymore. I don't have to punch walls. I have no use for you." That was that.  It felt so great, my friends. It was so pleasing to know that sometimes you can't control your emotions, but you can control your actions. Like most people, I had a problem with others not agreeing with me. I would get so upset, that my voice would eventually escalade, making me out to be the idiot. Just because I had a firm hand on what I thought was right doesn't make me superior. I had to learn to agree...to disagree. People are not always going to like my perspective, including family, friends, and even my girlfriend. God knows my intentions. He knows my heart. Why should I have to exaserbate an issue for the sake of man? For the first time in years since I started thinking for myself, I gained peace knowing that God is always there, whether I'm right or wrong.

Comments

Popular Posts