Dark Nights

I've been having bad dreams lately.  I've heard of people having a series of nightmares, waking up sweating with lost of breath and fortunately that hasn't happened to me. Last night, I woke up, sitting at the side of my bed. It was six in the morning. I dreamt that I murdered a friend of mine that I knew back in middle school. I kept saying to myself, "I couldn't have murdered him", but something in my mind kept telling me that I did. Next thing I know,  his mom calls my mom and tells her that her son has been murdered. No, I couldn't have done that, I thought to myself. I went back to his apartment where he lived and there were people standing outside in the middle of the complex, holding candles. The funny thing was that through out the entire dream, nobody saw me, not even my mom.  The night before, I dreamt that I was being chased by a group of people that apparently scared me. I tried to run faster, but they were right on my tail. I tried to fly away, but I couldn't quite get off the ground. What struck me odd was that even though they chased me throughout the entire dream, they never caught me.  I wonder why? Well, I came to this conclusion. There are things in our life that we are running away from; things in life that we fear and afraid to admit, but our conscious reminds us how human we are, declaring that we possess limitations. Our bodies hinder us from doing the impossible when it's no longer in tune with the soul. My first dream was telling me that I was running away from life and that I was looking for the easy way out. My second dream was telling me that I'm denying the truth and can't seem to accept it, despite the tragic consequences that has occurred from my decisions. It all boils down to responsibility. There's something inside of me that's causing these dreams and the more I drift away from God, the harder it is to figure them out. We need him more than we think, even to save us from our nightmares. But sometimes, it's through our dreams that he speaks to us, even through the horrifying ones.

Comments

Popular Posts