He Touched Me

It all started with a piece of chewing gum. I want to state that before I explain what happened, many will not understand, and that's okay. That is why I'm illustrating the event the best I can...for anyone who needs it and everyone who's curious.  I've been experiencing a very bad sinus infection. My head has been pounding, nearly exploding, for nearly two weeks. My visit to the doctor was last Wednesday and I'm still experiencing complications, despite taking medication. Holding my head and partaking of medicated smoke from a Sinus Inhaler has been the just of my life in the last few days. Yesterday, I thought to chew a piece of gum to lessen the pressure behind my ears. It worked , so, I continued to chew.

My plans for the evening were to attend the gym, but I didn't want to dispose of the gum, for it was soothing my pain. Tossing it to the side was probably one of the hardest decisions I've made in a long time. My workout went well, despite the minor discomfort. Blood was no longer rushing up but down to my shoulders, biceps and triceps, for that was the focus of my routine. I proceeded to head to Kroger's in Grovetown where I purchased a small bowl of food near the food bar. One thing I hate doing is swallowing large pills (hence, taking antibiotics is like getting teeth pulled for me). The instructions say take with food. I've been dreading this since I woke up that morning. Deep down, I knew I had to make a decision because if I wanted to feel better, I had to follow the instructions of the doctor. Sitting outside of the store while watching 'Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes' , I partook of the pill and proceeded to eat. 

No drawback.

This Thursday, I will have the pleasure of teaching a college-level class with a close friend of mine about poetry (my passion). This is an opportunity I never thought I would embrace. It's a dream come true, to be honest. My dread for the last few weeks was that I won't be able to attend due to my sickness. It was beginning to worry me. I then recalled that God asked that we challenge Him (Isaiah 55:11) with His word, for it will not reach Him in void. Romans 12:2 kept repeating in my head the entire day...and it wasn't until this moment that it became relevant. While pumping gas for my car at the Kroger's gas station, I begin to cry. I couldn't hold it in. I had to get in the car to prevent others from hearing me heave. All I could repeat was you said that I'm worthy.  This may come off crazy, but God...touched me...right there where I was.

The reason why this occurred was because I finally moved things out of the way for Him to do what He does...and that's be. Recalling The Shack ,  I remember Mack being told from Sarayu that his tears will not be shed in vain. My crying...allowed me to clear my sinuses! I haven't been able to blow my nose for quite some time, but God touched me in a way so that I could blow my nose and release pressure in my head. It was the best I've felt since the infection began. I was so happy, but most importantly, I was glad that I got a chance to receive his touch. There are billions of people on earth, yet he took time...for me, his son. 

Today, my head still aches, which means I may have to go back to the doctor, but my mind has been renewed... completely. I can no longer think the same way I did before. He used the irritation of the brain to remind me that I needed to change it's content and operational system. I was so focused on a physical cure that I overlooked a  mental correction. Wow. I hurried to share with my Mom, where she smiled, informing me that I'll be experiencing that a lot more in the future. Please, open yourself up for change. Most of the time, we're getting in the way of everything we need to get better, feel better. I don't know when this infection is going away, but I do know that my old way of thinking...is gone...and I'm glad to have been told  to alternate it from no one other than Him.

Comments

Popular Posts