Go For It!

Today was probably one of the most fearful ones I've experienced in the last three years. I made a decision I wasn't expecting that excites me and terrifies me at the same time. Isn't that how we feel when we ride a rollercoaster, propose to our soon-to-be-spouses, or fly in an airplane (in which I've done all three in my lifetime up until this point). The fact is that though I was scared, I was consistent, solid with the choice of going through with my plans. Honestly, I didn't really second guest myself. Usually, I seek advice about such things, choosing to latch on to other's perspective before developing my own. This was purely spiritual...because it wasn't a heart or head thing, but  a hope thing.

My hope in God is that He will always provide for, protect, and perfect His will, even when I don't agree with it. Why not trust the one person who never fails. There's a scripture on my right arm (Proverbs 3:5-6), a tattoo I got last year for my birthday. I was asked on two separate occasions by two different people in the same location about what it read. Remembering it wasn't easy at first attempt, but I did end up blurting out, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart...". He knew I needed that reminder...just like I needed it today. My sleeves weren't up to showcase the words, but my faith was tested...severely. It wasn't done for me to fail, but for me to reassure myself of not only what God is capable of doing, but what He's doing... through me.

There are three words to describe your life in general--Go for it! You won't know until you know. Take that job, get on that stage, buy the car, cut the hair, jump into the water! We are giving our fear more credit than it will never deserve. It's a constant wall between where we are and where we plan to be. Break through it with might, my friend. I'm thirty-three years old and I'm tired of hesitating when the sign clearly says Proceed at the risk of knowing you didn't deny yourself an opportunity. The man I am tomorrow is depending on today's man to...well...man up! I have family and friends in my corner, but God's the one who created the space for them to occupy. Make your future self proud by giving your fear all you've got today because once you fight back, it will know you are no average contender.

Comments

Popular Posts