Gold Light and Falling Up

Last night, I dreamed, like I have several times, of ascending into heaven. It wasn't the cause of death, but the result of living long enough to experience the rapture. I'm not expressing this to say that I am a saint with guaranteed access to the Kingdom of Heaven. I am not perfect, yet I do know who my God is and have accepted Him as my Lord and Savoir. Sounds plain and vanilla, I know, but it's true. There's no denial of our relationship. I've come a long way in relation to our interaction. It's easier to hear Him now opposed to when I was a boy, of course. There were so many distractions. When that does happen, He speaks to me in my dreams, such as last night.

The peculiar thing about last night's dreams was that in this case, I was outside with friends or family when the sky opened up and gold light descended. I could feel my body being snatched from the earth as if being pulled from my ankles. Reaching up, waiting to breach the clouds, I saw surrounding lights ascending like me as far as I could see in all directions. It was a beautiful sight. All of a sudden, I started to fall back down along with those accompanying me. The dream ended and I got up from the couch. Is that normal? I was so close, yet so far away from eternity. Did God say no...or not yet?

If anyone has experienced this , let me know. I would love to hear about your experience. This dream has taken place several times for as long as I can recall. Sometimes, I feel that I'm not doing what I should...or maybe that I'm doing too much. I wonder if I'm subconsciously waiting to die. How it happens is always the fear, right? Accident in a car, food poisoning, or drowning. Maybe a rock from space lands right between my eyes. Who knows! Sounds like a scene from a cartoon, but what If I'm a cliff away from falling to the end of my days? So many questions.Sounds like I should seek answers from the source.

Reading Revelations can be difficult because it's intimidating, giving detailed descriptions of the end times (which we're living in, believe it or not). Maybe my dream is my version of that. It creates the ultimate question, is my soul prepared for what comes after this life? Living simply for what's after rids me of living for now. I'll be a husband in eight months and probably a father in two years. Maybe the dream is reminding me that I am not in control and never will be, even when it comes to the slightest details. God knows how to get my attention, especially when it comes to dreams...or was it a vision? They say boys will see visions and old men will see dreams (Acts 2:17). I'm not an old man, yet I am wiser than my younger years

Reading more into this may do some good. My mother is pretty good at receiving information like this and  processing the details. She may not be able to inform me of what I need to hear, but she will definitely relate. If you or anyone has an occasion such as this, write it down. Record it. It will certainly help someone, reminding them of their sanity and ability to see things of God's doing. I can say this much. I've never dreamed of going to hell. It's because subconsciously, I don't want to go. Who would, right?

Comments

Popular Posts