Apology

Dear *******,

I'm sure you're probably thinking, why are you contacting me? I perfectly understand. Things didn't end on the best of terms as far as our friendship last time we communicated. What I did can not be excused or ignored. My intentions were never to harm you or make you feel uncomfortable.  I have pride myself for so long on making people, most importantly women, feel safe in my presence. It appears I have done the opposite.

You didn't deserve my comments and inquiring concerning photos that were never mine to receive. I overstepped  several boundaries, something many of us men do without regards for how it affects you all as women. I disrespected the presence of your boyfriend and that in itself was highly disregarding of his role in your life. My sense of morality may serve as a contradiction to my actions back in January/ February, but I can honestly say that my awareness overshadows my inconsiderate nature, causing me to take great internal inventory of who and what I am as a man.

You deserve more than this. All I can offer at the moment is deep regret and intense comprehension of my degrading position in this situation. This has caused a great shift in how I conduct my words, actions, and thinking process when communicating with women in general. As a writer, I do indeed know the power of words; the force that follows them and how they play a part with connecting with other individuals.

I end this by saying thank you for exposing my wrong doing. It took that unfortunate transparency to cause inner growth I wasn't prepared to undergo.  Take care of yourself and I hope this doesn't come off as an intrusion, but an invitation to receiving an overdue gift of remorse.

Have a good day.

-*****

This was an email I sent years ago. No need for details or specifics. Just know that my behavior at this point...was highly unacceptable. No woman or anybody should have to receive such an apology. I warn both men and women to pay close attention to your words, actions and intentions because two are representation of the third. We are not mind readers. We interpret doings. I learned a few weeks ago that God allows the consequences of actions, even if He had no had in initiating the act. He can act as both athlete and referee. He can make a play and call it when others do instead of Him. Everything is apart of his plan, even our shame. 

During this time of uncertainty and discrimination, let's be mindful of how we treat our most important assets--PEOPLE. I hope this helped you in any way. I took the time to locate this email so that I'm reminded of how important behavior modifications are in relation to treating others with the utmost respect.

Have a blessed day, my friends.

-Calvin  

Comments

Popular Posts