Determination

I wrote something on my dry erase board to help remind myself to try my best at everything that I do. It asks, "On a scale from 1 to 10, how determined are you?" I think of this when I run and workout (which are physical, mostly mentally-inactive activities). When you're endured in physical activity, the only mental strain you may endure is convincing your body that it's  capable of exceeding beyond it's limits (which it is, depending on how strong willed you are as an individual). I decided to grade myself, like any other day, based on the effort that I exert at maximal potential. I know i have the tendency to second guess what I do and later claim that I could have done better. I know when something's done to the best of my ability because I get the BEST results (even if it appears to be fatal). Knowing that I DID my best and not TRIED my best grants me much more assurance, having more confidence in the positive nature of my intentions. Many may say that it's unreallistic to get a profiting job with an English degree without entering the field of education, but I beg to differ. I belive I'm destined for great things not just because I'm young, but because I'm still alive. As long as i have breath In my body, like a quote from Ghandi expresses, I WILL become the change that I wish to see in this world. God promised that through him, all things are possible. When man says no, God says yes!!! Always remember that and you will never accept the world NEGATIVE as being part of your spiritual vocabulary. Whenever you get a chance, before you partake upon your daily doings, ask yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, how determined you are...to make a difference.

Comments

Popular Posts