The Golden Border

Last night, while sleeping, I heard a rumble. My initial thought was that it was a bomb going off or that God had finally returned for His people. While lying there face-deep into my pillow, I begin to hear water droplets hit the roof and nearby window. My assumption was declined and reestablished as the concept of rain. I thought to myself, rain? The forecast said sunny the day before, mentioning nothing about showers or thunderstorms. Despite the weather, I woke up the next morning to step outside , seeing a wet ground, yet warming horizon in the east of Georgia.

It usually takes me about 35 minutes to travel to work, most of the time spent driving 78 miles per hour on the highway. As I pass trees and neighboring cars rushing to their place of employment, I see a sky ahead of me colored in blue, purple, red, orange, yellow, and gold. Yes, gold. It was peeping over the clouds, birthing the sun's presence. I thought to myself, it was just storming hours ago. How magnificent to witness the transition from dark and dreary to warm and welcoming.

Our lives are quite similar to the change of weather. We can't always predict the clouds, the lightening and rumbling that follows. The effects that they have on us can not always be prevented. When the sky pours, it dampens our moods and state of being. Our thinking darkens, creating an overcast that to the human eye, initiates despair and fear. The promise that we must hold onto is that eventually, the sky will clear. The gloom will subside, bringing life to it's wonderful vibrancy.

Listening to music on my way to work is the second half of my breakfast. I usually do my written devotion in the morning as well, but when I don't , I listen to Tony Evans as I eat cereal and scrambled eggs.  While driving, the music hits my bloodstream as I dance behind my seatbelt. This morning was an exception. I was glancing at the horizon, admiring the colors, the opposition of last night's treacherous temperament. It amazed me, much like the work of God.  We have to remember that in the midst of the storm, God is still in managing the outcome, always turning a negative into a positive. Anita Baker and The Winans sang it perfectly when they claimed " Ain't no need in worrying/ what the night is gonna bring/ it'll be all over in the morning..." .

Keep praying, even when the rain picks up and the ground begins to shake. Remember who's in control. Remember that just because God allows something to happen doesn't mean He lacks dominion. That storm is preparing you for sunshine because the darker the clouds, the brighter the morning nova.

Comments

  1. It's amazing how much insight and inspiration you can gather from the phenomenons of life. My life isn't what anyone would really hope for at 30, but I make the best of it. At some point, I'll be in that sunny place where everything seems to be going my way again. You're a great writer and I am certainly a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and I pray I continue to inspire as much as possible. Wow, this comment is almost 4 years old. So much has changed since then. I hope you are enjoying life and that you are nesting in joy and happiness. I wish nothing more or less for anyone, for nothing feels better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts