Your Potential

I use to work with a guy who quoted a marine (if I'm not mistaken) that said " Whenever you find yourself tired, you've only done 40% of what your body is fully capable of doing." That was very profound. I haven't been running as much latey as I have over the past two years. I actually find myself getting tired after about a mile and a half, despite me trucking through my usual 3-4 miles a day or every other day, depending on my workout schedule. This heat has not been kind (even at night or the morning) and trying to muscle through my usual run at nine in the morning was even a stretch. I was getting closer to my apartment and I had a dying desire to either slow completely down or stop, and then this quote came to mind. If you were doing your best at anything and you find yourself being tired, yet knowing that you did a great job and you've only done 40% of what you could have done, wouldn't that push you to do more? Well, that's what it did for me. When I run, I also like to think of my potentail future ; something to look foward to that can make life more enjoyable like a family and a promising career. Whatever you're doing in life to reach your goal, whether it's through work, exercise, domestic relationships, or educational success, ALWAYS strive to do your best. Not just because you will get the best results, but because God will reward you. He promised he will :) and he NEVER breaks his promises. Never. I've been in sort of a slump for the past few months. I've found myself staying in bed for hours until getting up actually hurt (physically). That's no way to live, folks. I woke up this morning around 8:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I closed my eyes, but my body was too elert. That was God's way of saying, "Get up!"  I didn't want to run so early, but I knew there was no reason I couldn't. There was nothing holding me back. I put my shoes on, attached my Ipod Shuffle to my side, stretched, and started running.  I was tired and a bit worn out at the end, but I knew I could have done better. Use that potential you have stored inside of you; that voice screaming with enthusiasum and boisterous desire to bring out the very best of what God plannted in you. It'll be a waste if you don't.

Comments

Popular Posts