Clean Dirt/Dirty Water

Proverbs 21:19 has crossed my mind for the second time in a few months. Reciting this scripture out of anger is not the best way to interpret it, but sometimes, seeing red may be the only way you percieve things clearly, even though the red pigment may be clouding your judgement.  When I think of this passage, I think of myself in a desert, desperately looking for something to drink when suddenly, i stumble across a brownish pool of water. Yes, I'm intensely thirsty, but the pool may be contaminated, thus explaining the dark coloring. I have just a few more miles till I hit the nearest river where the water is as blue as the sky and clean as freshly-wiped glass. If i could just hold on for an hour or two, I will be accompanied with enough clean liquid to possibly drown in. Due to my haste, I choose to drink from the puddle and regret it much later when it leaves me incredibly ill and unable to progress on. What the devil will do sometimes is put WHAT YOU WANT in front of you to prevent WHAT YOU NEED from catching the pupils of your eyes. Yes, sometimes the wait is long, but if you just hold on just a little bit longer, KNOWING that God will provide, you'll be there quicker than you think, PLUS, he'll bless you with the stamina to keep moving. Men, if you find yourself in a relationship with a woman who's psychologically pulling you down and backwards, you need to release her so that you can go up and forward. Believe me, its tough being alone, especially when you have options, but always remember that God himself said that it's not good for man to be alone (Genesis 2:18). And if you're allowing her to pull you down, there's nothing worse in this world than a broken man.  God is looking at your wife..right now! He knows who she is, how many hairs are on her head and how many thoughts have filtered through her mind. He even knows the exact moment you guys will meet. Stop settling for the first pond you see and aim for the river that's been promised to you up ahead. The water will be fresh, nurturing, and make you feel as if dehydration was a figment of your imagination. If your are single, EMBRACE IT! Take the time to mold the man God wants you to be, establish a STRONGER relationship with him, THEN  start dating. Dr. Tony Evans once said that being single is one of the best times in your life because it gives you the opportunity to work on YOU. That is why I prefer clean dirt opposed to dirty water because I am promised much more in the future. I'll rather eat a mouth full of sand than to drink water given to me due to the convenience of my desire.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts