Nightmares?

I've been having this reoccurring dream about the end of the world. We all have this tendency to have dreams that originate from the deep corners of our minds. It could be pertaining to our greatest fear, fondest memory, or even darkest past. For me, it's something that I'm constantly contemplating about-am I going to Heaven when I die? It's a question you shouldn't ask if you are indeed a Christian and have fully dedicated your life to God, but...it seems as if something is missing.This is the third rendition of the same dream I've had over the past few months. I personally feel as if God is telling me something. Maybe he's telling me that the end is near or it could be just a dream that serves as a bridge to my inner conscience. This dream was indeed different from the two I've had previously. In one dream, i looked to the sky and the moon begin to crack with red light pouring out of it's sides Another dream I had included my mom and I standing side by side while an angel chooses us two of the many to be accepted into the kingdom of Heaven. We hugged, cried, and prepared to be ascended unto the sky. This last one was more frightening. I dreamed the world became violent and reckless when suddenly, a hole in the sky appeared; dark clouds twisting as light begin to pierce through. The first thing in my mind was that Jesus was returning...and he was. It was then that I woke up.  Honestly, I feel as if He's saying, " You're getting closer". "Closer" as in getting closer to where I need to be in life. I take those dreams as periodic reminders of who's in charge. Deitrick Haddon has a song called "King" where he says "I know WHO I am and WHO'S I am" during the chorus, establishing his identity and place in the realm of God. I sometimes cannot believe that God could love me SO MUCH MORE than my Mom who sacrificed everything for the survival of my two older sisters and I. Why wouldn't a person want to show gratitude to the one person that wakes them up, feeds them, gives them strength, and protects them at night from harm? I've made countless mistakes and yet he still loves me. What I've learned is that sometimes you have to get afraid just to know how ALIVE you really are.

Comments

Popular Posts