What He's Done

I'm 26 (still young :o) ) and have a lot to learn, but I've experienced setbacks just like the next human being. I can recall many times I've slipped, fell, and skinned my knee, but i also remember getting up, limping, and applying a bandaid. When things like that happen, we recall the moment before we fell, while we were down on the ground, and the process of getting up again. The worst part is always the middle. It's the part where the pain saturates, sinks into the stomach, burns a whole, and attempts to make a permanent home. It's the devil's access point. The thing is...I refuse to give him that privilege...ever again. We have the tendency to give him so much credit, that we disregard what God has done, is doing, and will do. We sometimes fail to remember that he was with us before, during, and after. I wanted to take this opportunity to make a small list of some of the things God has done for me.

God has...
  1. Blessed me with life.
  2. Gave me a loving mother and two wonderful older sisters.
  3. Been the dominant father figure in my life since I grew up without the presence of a biological one.
  4. Gotten me through elementary and high school with a diploma.
  5. Protected me as I walked to and from my first few jobs when I didn't have a car of my own.
  6. Given me the courage to get my drivers licence at nineteen-years-old, even though I feared driving.
  7. Given me two great friends that I've known going on 13 years.
  8. Counseled me after breaking a knuckle due to punching a wall out of anger.
  9. Convinced me that anger should end at the emotion and not with a regretful action.
  10. Promised me that he will provide for me, knowing at times that I would take advantage of his grace and mercy.
  11. Blessed me with a three-year-old car before my sophomore year in college after driving a car that was using it's third engine in the last few years.
  12. Protected my family and I during an accident which we were T-boned, tilted on two wheels, and miraculously placed back down on all fours where no one was hurt.
  13. Granted me a place to stay even after I was two-three months behind on my rent (only God...) .
  14. Blessed me with the ability to write and express just how awesome he is.
  15. Promised me Heaven.
  16. Paid my price.
  17. Strengthened my heart
  18. Done everything.
I can't really thank Him enough for blessing me with life and allowing me to see another day and its because of Him that I can reconnect with my father, visit my awesome mom whenever time permits it, exchange moments with my friends, experience college, run in the middle of the day, and  be generally thankful. If you can, try to remember what God has done to get you here, what He's doing to maintain your blessings, and what He will do to make you cup overflow. Love Him. Embrace Him. Salute Him.

Comments

Popular Posts